Grand Turk is a great destination for water sports, and horseback riding brings a bit of the ocean element to what’s traditionally thought of as a land sport!
The Routes and Sights
Prices range from about $120-180. Tours may be booked through your cruise line as a “shore excursion”, or privately on your own. When booking, be sure to confirm the time and which vessel you’re arriving on.
Ride Da Rhythm
This new riding stable is located on Lighthouse Road, to the northeast of Cockburn Town.
Guided 60 and 90-minute beach rides on Pillory Beach (the calmest beach on the island) are offered, as well as custom tours.
Tour Details and Requirements
- Minimum rider age of six years.
- Tours range from 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
- No previous riding experience is required.
- Drinks are typically included.
- Tours are not suitable for those who may be pregnant or have back injuries.
- As is also the case with the stables on the island of Providenciales, small and hardy island ponies are used. Because of this, there is a weight limit of 220 pounds (100 kg) per rider per horse.
- Helmets are available for children and those who request them.
Cruise Center Transport
Transport from the Grand Turk Cruise Center is included with all horseback riding tours, and the local businesses will work with the cruise ship schedules.
If you have a rental car, it’s possible to make your own way to the stable, yet for most, they will likely be difficult to find. We advise consulting the map and having a phone, so you’ll be able to call if necessary.
What to Wear and Bring
Recommended riding apparel differs according to whether you’d like to wade in the ocean or not.
On land, it’s best to go with long pants and closed shoes.
If you expect to ride in the ocean, flip-flops and long pants that won’t get bogged down with water are preferable.
Due to our intense sun, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended as well. To avoid sunburn, long sleeve rash guards or synthetic shirts are also a good choice.
A compact camera may be brought, yet we advise against larger types. Be aware of the risk of damage by water or falls.